Somewhere between male and female the soul lives unstirred by the memory of childhood. Somewhere between the Destroyer of Obstacles and the Goddess of Fortune the soul lives in a state of constant hip hop guided by a white flashlight. Somewhere between now and now the soul lives possessed by the certainty that it is always in transition and will always live in between the present and the present. Somewhere between Terminal 2 and Terminal 3 the soul lives in a million humans who will pass through life in the third person. Somewhere between the Real Shiva and the Statue of Shiva on display at the Art Institute of Chicago the soul lives in every person. In between the clowns and grapefruits. In between the yellow bus driver and the happy waiter. In between the zoo and the opera house. Between life and death. The soul lives light as a father. Or feather.
“It takes courage to be afraid.” –Montaigne, Essays, III, 6 (1588) Nothing scares the sun anymore. Not even sinking into the black sea. Not even the black sea and its power over sunsets. Not even the scars or parked cars on Sunday or the squirrels that dream of big things from the tops of enormous […]
The bridge & cranes dream of dogs and cats. They squint and find wormholes into other worlds. What they discover: there’s always one light that’s brighter than the other. And they are drawn to its luminescence with purpose. But there’s always something else in the distance, they think. Their fiercely squinted eyes look funny to […]
My name is Neil de la Flor and I am Almost Dorothy. I’m also the Executive Director of Reading Queer.Today, I need your help! Please consider supporting RQ’s mission to transform the community through the act & the art of creative writing @ http://readingqueer.org.
Reading Queer awarded $5,000 GLBT Community Projects Fund Grant from The Miami Foundation and the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
NEWS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE SEPTEMBER 20TH, 2013 Reading Queer awarded $5,000 GLBT Community Projects Fund Grant MIAMI—We are tremendously pleased to announce that the Miami Foundation’s GLBT Community Projects Fund has chosen to award Reading Queer a grant of $5,000. The GLBT Community Projects Fund is a unique partnership between The Miami Foundation and […]
Not all zebras get a free pass so why should Robin Thicke. His “big” hit “Blurred Lines” glorifies rape and ma says that’s fucking insane. Just insane. Fuck you, Robin Thicke. Ma doesn’t care if you have a big dick. All she cares about is caring about women who get raped by dicks like you […]
- A Story About A Sunset
- A Story About Biscayne Bay
- Donate to Reading Queer: Yay!
- Reading Queer awarded $5,000 GLBT Community Projects Fund Grant from The Miami Foundation and the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
- Robin Thicke is a zebra
- Almost Dorothy says dontate to Reading Queer
- Almost Dorothy supports Reading Queer
- Almost Dorothy really needs your support!
- Almost Dorothy defends the right of all humans to fear rape regardless of gender or sexual orientation
- Almost Dorothy on Martin Luther King
- Event Invite: "Eros Erased, Eros Collaged" fb.me/23MHTabqD 2 days ago
- "Eros Erased, Eros Collaged"-- a LitCrawl event for O, Miami #lgbt #glbt #omiami #queer #litcrawl #miaim #poetry fb.me/2SDa446Gz 6 days ago
- Event Invite: "Queer Depot 101: Creativity & Queerness" @ The Stonewall fb.me/2hz7lb4cs 2 weeks ago
- RQ Writing Academy Fun(d)raiser ends @ midnight. Donate now & win a drawing by Emi Ribas alturl.com/ravvs #glbt http://t.co/CrIjzJyG7F 1 month ago
- Event Invite: "Queer Depot 101: Creativity & Queerness" @ The Carlton-Sobe fb.me/1cZ2fLlXy 1 month ago