Somewhere between male and female the soul lives unstirred by the memory of childhood. Somewhere between the Destroyer of Obstacles and the Goddess of Fortune the soul lives in a state of constant hip hop guided by a white flashlight. Somewhere between now and now the soul lives possessed by the certainty that it is always in transition and will always live in between the present and the present. Somewhere between Terminal 2 and Terminal 3 the soul lives in a million humans who will pass through life in the third person. Somewhere between the Real Shiva and the Statue of Shiva on display at the Art Institute of Chicago the soul lives in every person. In between the clowns and grapefruits. In between the yellow bus driver and the happy waiter. In between the zoo and the opera house. Between life and death. The soul lives light as a father. Or feather.
Reading Queer in collaboration with O Cinema, Pridelines, Aqua Foundation, Miami Jewish Film Festival and the MIFO LGBT Film Festival present the academy awarding winning film MILK in honor of the victims of the Orlando attack. 100% of all funds collected will be donated directly to the Equality Florida fund. Buy tickets > here http://www.o-cinema.org/event/milk/ […]
“The brightest memory fades faster than the dullest ink.” ― Claudia Rankine Ma says I should be more active. Blog more. Write more. Say things that mean something, especially since it’s 2016. She’s afraid that if I don’t write, things will change for the worse. In other words, she’s afraid she’ll be erased from […]
“Real isn’t how you are made,” said the Skin Horse. “It’s a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become Real.” The Velveteen Rabbit, Margery Williams.
JOIN US FOR THE READING QUEER LITERARY FESTIVAL @ MIAMI BOOK FAIR 2015, FROM WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 18TH – SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 22ND, 2015. This year, Reading Queer partnered with the Miami Book Fair to advance RQ’s mission to foster and promote queer literary culture in South Florida by bringing a diverse cross-section of locally, […]
When & why did I kill creativity in my life? When I was a little boy, I wanted to be a photographer. When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a writer. When I was a teenager, I wanted to be a businessman. When I was an adult, I wanted to be a writer. […]
- Reading Queer promotes fundraiser for victims of Pulse attack
- Donald Trump Isn’t Real REAL
- Bobo the Mutt is Dead! Long Live Bobo the Mutt!
- Be here: Reading Queer Literary Festival @ Miami Book Fair, November 18 – 22, 2015
- Why did I kill creativity?
- Formicidae by Larry Leiva
- AD: Self-Interview, Part II
- AD: Self-Interview of the Self
- The Theory of Color
- Non sequitur review of “Who’s Irish” by Gish Jen
- Join us for popcorn, beer and community for QUEER SCREENS with the screening of Before Night Falls this Tuesday,... fb.me/5eeoxmv0J 3 weeks ago
- RT @readingqueer: RQ & O Cinema present Before Night Falls, 6/28 @ 9pm goo.gl/gLzfPE - eepurl.com/b7gywD #lgbt #queer #film… 4 weeks ago
- Tonight. Reading Queer & partners co-present MILK, free screening & fundraiser. #LGBT #queer #culture #MIAMI #film eepurl.com/b6LP8v 1 month ago
- Where was your first gay bar? #LGBT #queer #culture https://t.co/ipPWI9sRwG 1 month ago
- Reading Queer in collaboration with O Cinema, Pridelines, Aqua Foundation, Miami Jewish Film Festival and the... fb.me/4TKB5oikb 1 month ago