14. The poem on the left is not a poem. It’s a car.
13. Cartography is the shortest distance between the breath of life and the breadth of life.
12. I met a mouse in a van wearing sunglasses.
11. The bottle-nosed priest excommunicates the clan from kin. He calls me Sally as Mars turns into a water sign.
10. The water inundates the landscape.
9. The trees are mere shadows of trees.
8. The crabs who walk sideways across Belle Isle are submerged by rising waters.
7. The earth is round and the children across the street are home.
6. We stand on guard, on tippy-toes, and kiss beneath the crescent moon. We kiss like we used to kiss with our vampire teeth.
5. We kiss like we kissed in my dream of kissing.
4. When the plumber arrived I thought the dream was real.
3. The water rises and we are on high alert as the neighbors find shelter in burned out Cadillacs.
2. Lilacs won’t grow in Florida.
1. Fabricate dreams out of mud, won’t you?